Ready for School
- 95% of those leaving Early Head Start are developmentally on-age. Without Early Head Start, only 14% to 20% of the children enter Head Start developmentally on-age.
- 90% or better of children leaving Head Start are on age developmentally (only 10% are on age when they start the program).
- Costly remediation and services are greatly reduced through early intervention, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disabilities.
- 100% of eligible Head Start classrooms are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- 100% of CSC teachers meet Head Start federal teacher qualification standards.
Healthy Births and Healthy Children
- 100% of the young women in Early Head Start deliver normal weight babies.
- 100% of eligible children are linked to health insurance.
- 100% of all diagnosed health and dental problems receive treatment.
- 95% of children are fully immunized and complete comprehensive medical and dental screenings.
- 95% of families complete personal and family goals set during the program.
- 85% of parents achieve the three leading indicators of success for children in school.
- Parents are involved in their children’s education and in program governance.
- Reading is part of home life.
- Parents and children learn to do things together.
- 70% of families have a full-time worker.
- 70% of families increase their commitment to community involvement while enrolled in Head Start and Early Head Start.
- Repeated abuse is prevented in 96% of families receiving child abuse services.