Date: Jan. 12, 2018
Location: Training Institute on Donley Children’s Campus
*Register three people and get the fourth free!
In this course, presented by CSC and Lakeside Educational Network, participants will learn practical strategies that optimize learning, empower positive growth and cultivate hope. This three-and-a-half-hour session explores brain basics, provides an intro to trauma and looks at the trauma-informed classroom as an ideal environment for learning.
Brain Basics and Intro to Trauma
- Brain basics
- Levels of the brain
- Cortical modulation
- Brain plasticity
- What is trauma?
- What are Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)?
- How common are ACEs and trauma?
- What impact does this have on our students’ brains?
- Importance to educators
- Tools to help with regulation
- Regulating furniture
- Brain breaks and brain informed educational activities
- Creating safe environments
- Addressing and working with dysregulated students