Community Services for Children serves as the Pennsylvania Northeast Regional Key. Regional Keys coordinate and administer the Keystone STARS program, which is intended to improve the quality of early learning and school-age care and education. By meeting standards of practice and professionalism set by PA OCDEL, child care facilities move through designations to the highest known as a STAR 4 facility. For more information, you can visit //www.pakeys.org.
CSC’s Regional Key is responsible for 16 counties. They include Berks, Bradford, Carbon, Columbia, Lackawanna, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Montour, Northampton, Pike, Schuylkill, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Wayne, and Wyoming. STARS Managers coordinate training and technical assistance for early child professionals and the businesses they operate in these counties.
A variety of resources are available, including:
- Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation offers professional development and technical assistance to link and bridge systems and service options on behalf of a child, family and program.
- Keystone STARS is a state-wide initiative to improve, support and recognize the continuous quality improvement efforts of early learning and school-age care and education in Pennsylvania. By meeting standards of practice and professionalism child care facilities move through designations to the highest level known as a STAR 4 facility.
- Low cost professional development opportunities designed to help early learning and school-age education professionals move upward through a career lattice. The NE Key offers courses, symposiums, conferences and also partners with institutes of higher education to fund credential and credit-bearing courses.
- Free onsite technical assistance offered to Keystone STARS facilities to assist in enhancing quality and moving to the next STAR level.
- STARS grants and awards to assist regulated programs enhance the quality of children’s programs.
- The School-Age Child Care Project is one of five regional projects statewide designed to assist school-age facilities and practitioners with supports and resources geared toward school-age children.
- Infant/Toddler Consultants area available to support your infant or toddler classrooms. They offer supports to help your infant/toddler program work on quality improvement in interactions, classroom environments and management, challenging behaviors, curriculum planning and many other topics.
- A semi-weekly email, called The Key Connection, highlights Regional Key, state and partner updates upcoming professional development opportunities, resource information and announcements.
- Technical Assistance Papers (TAP’s) with information on a variety of subjects to assist child care practitioners.
Subscribe to the Key Connection Newsletter.
Download the Northeast Regional Key brochure.